24/04/2020 0 Comments
How to Choose The Right Heating System for Your Home
Choosing the right heating system for your home can be a daunting task. There are many different types of heating systems on the market, and each has its own set of pros and cons. You need to think about many factors when making your decision, including cost, efficiency, and climate.
In this article, we'll help you understand the different types of heating systems and how to choose the best heating system for your home.
What Is A Home Heating System?
A heating system is a device or group of devices that heats your home. This can include furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, and more. The type of system you choose will depend on many factors, such as the climate you live in and the size of your home.
Types Of Home Heating Systems In Ireland
There are several types of heating systems available in Ireland. Each has its benefits and drawbacks that you should consider before making a decision.
Boilers are one of the most popular types of heating systems in Ireland. They work by heating water and then distributing the hot water or steam through pipes to radiators around your home. Boilers can be powered by electricity, natural gas, or oil.
There are many types of boilers including:
- Gas boilers: These are the most popular type of boilers in Ireland. They are efficient and can be used with a variety of heating sources, such as solar power.
- Oil boilers: Oil boilers are less common than gas boilers, but they are still a good option for some homes. They tend to be less expensive to operate than gas boilers.
- Electric boilers: Electric boilers are becoming more popular in Ireland as they become more efficient. They are also easier to install than other types of boilers.
- Solid fuel boilers: Solid fuel boilers are less common than other types of boilers. They use coal, wood, or other solid fuels to generate heat.
Boilers are a good choice for many homes because they are efficient and can be used with a variety of heating sources. However, they require regular maintenance and can be expensive to operate.
Furnaces are another type of heating system that is common in Ireland. They work by heating air and then distributing the heated air through your home using a system of ducts. Types of furnaces can be powered by electricity, natural gas, or oil. Natural gas furnace is most commonly used.
- Furnaces are very efficient and can save you money on your energy bills.
- Furnaces can be used with a variety of heating sources, such as solar power
- Furnaces are easy to maintain and don't require much maintenance
Heat pumps are a type of central heating system that uses the heat from the ground or air to heat your home. They are becoming more popular in Ireland as they are less costly and easy to maintain.
There are two types of heat pumps:
- Air source: Air source heat pumps take heat from the air and use it to heat your home.
- Ground source: Ground source heat pumps take heat from the ground and use it to heat your home.
Heat pumps are a good choice for many homes as they are cheaper to install and run, however, they are not as efficient as furnaces and may not be a good choice for very cold climates.
Daikin Heat Pump
Heat pumps are a fantastic tool for creating a high-power, functional, and energy efficient heating system in any type of home. Here at RTS Heating & Cooling Services Ltd provides Daikin heat pump systems as a fullservice, cost-effective, and energy-saving home heating and water heating system for all types of property. Daikin heat pump systems are suitable for new builds as an entire heating system while also being suitable as a retrofit system that adds on to your existing heating system. By availing of a heat pump heating system from our company, we also guarantee future Daikin service done by a qualified professional to guarantee quality and ensure longevity.
Solar panels are a type of renewable energy that can be used to heat your home. Solar panels work by converting sunlight into electricity, which can then be used to power a heat pump or other heating system.
Solar panels are a good choice for many homes as they are environmentally friendly, energyefficient, and can save you money on your energy bills. However, they require a sunny location and may not be suitable for all homes.
An immersion heater is a type of electrical heater. Immersion heaters are installed in hot water tanks and work by heating water as it passes through the heater
Immersion heaters are a good choice for many homes, as they are relatively inexpensive to operate. However, they can be slow to heat up and may not be suitable for very large homes. Gas heaters are a good alternative to electric space heaters.
Storage heaters are a type of electrical heater that stores heat in bricks or ceramic tiles. The heat is then released into your home as needed just like a heat exchanger. Storage heaters are a good choice for cost savings as they make use of the cheaper night energy rates to store the heat.
Ductless Home Heating Systems
Ductless home heating systems are a type of heating system that does not use ducts. Instead, they use individual air handlers to heat each room or area of your home.
Ductless systems include:
- Mini-splits: Mini-splits are a type of ductless system that uses one outdoor unit and one or more indoor units.
- Multi-splits: Multi-splits are a type of ductless system that uses one outdoor unit and multiple indoor units.
They are highly efficient but may be more expensive to operate depending on the electricity costs
What To Look For When Choosing A Heating System
When choosing a heating system, you need to consider many factors. These include:
- Cost: The cost of the system is a major factor in your decision. You need to think about the upfront cost of the system as well as the ongoing costs, such as fuel and maintenance.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of the system is important because it will affect your costs. More efficient systems cost more upfront but will save you money in the long run.
- Climate: The climate you live in is a major factor in deciding which system is right for you. Different systems work better in different climates.
- Size: The size of your home is also a factor to consider. Larger homes need more powerful systems to heat them properly.
- Maintenance: Maintenance is an important consideration because it will affect the long-term costs of your system. Some systems require more maintenance than others.
- Fuel accessibility: The accessibility of the fuel you need to operate your system is another important factor. For example, gas is much cheaper than electricity in most areas.
- Warranties and guarantees: The warranties and guarantees offered by the manufacturer are also important to consider. This will protect you in case of any problems with your system.
Choosing the right heating system for your home is an important decision. There are many factors to consider, but the most important ones are cost, efficiency, and climate. Be sure to do your research before making a final decision.
If you’re looking for heat pumps that boast longevity, energy efficiency, and accurate temperature control, why not get in contact with our team today?